Time to try something a little crazy!
Purpose: to create content for social media, extend our online presence, and have some fun!
Background: Jimmy Fallon does a bit on his show where well-known bands play popular, rockin tunes on kid instruments. Metallica, The Roots, and Adele have all participated and it’s a hoot! Think of 3rd grade music class and the instruments one might find there. Blocks, one-octave xylophones, autoharp, kazoo, ukulele, recorders, and singing, of course.
Plan: to gather interested parties to sing and play some songs on kid instruments. 7pm on 11/21 in the bandroom.. BYOkidInstrument and/or voice. Despics! Y’all come! Play, dance, sing!
Musical Direction: currently popular radio songs with the possibility of some classics sprinkled in. If you have suggestions, please contact Amy with your ideas.
How to participate effectively:
1. Be familiar with the tunes. There will be little to zero sheet music!
2. Listen to all parts of the proposed songs, bass line, harmonies, extra elements, not just 1&3 on a drum with melody. We want to create musical fusion!
3. Think outside the box. What is an instrument anyway? Creative use of ___ is encouraged.
1. Louie Louie, band arrangement (proof of concept)
2. Budapest, George Ezra
3. Unforgettable, Thomas Rhett
4. Shut Up and Dance, Walk the Moon
5. Sing Sing Sing, band arrangement
Amazon has a wide variety of plastic instruments. No promises about their quality!
Contact Amy with any questions or comments!